Braywick Leisure Centre, Windsor Leisure Centre 👏
Due to a swimming gala this Saturday 25th June and Sunday 26th June the centre will be busier than normal. Swimming lessons are on as normal but the pool will be out of use after.
This will also effect the car park so please ensure you leave in plenty of time to park.
Our sister site Windsor Leisure Centre is available for fitness swimming & the leisure pool is operating as normal 🌊
FloFest GloFest June 18th 2022
Wokingham - Weekend Walk, Talk, Coffee & Play - Cantley Park (Saturday Morning)- NCT - FREE!!!
Braywick Leisure Centre
Friends of Oakfield
White Waltham Academy Parents Network
Alice Holt Forest - Forestry England
Two Rivers Staines Shopping Centre
Trinity St Stephens School
Windsor Leisure Centre
A fantastic Fitness event, celebrating the Queen‘s platinum jubilee next week at Windsor Leisure Centre￼.
All members are welcome, bookings start this Friday on the Windsor app. Just switch your home location on your app to book, any issues speak to a member of staff to help 👍
Non members can pay like any other class
•First class HIIT/Circuits 6-7.10pm
•Second class Party Zumba 7.30-8.30
Fancy dress optional 🇬🇧
You don’t have to do both 😂
Excellent work by my colleague Cllr Ross McWilliams - Cabinet member - Sports & Leisure.
Cllr Gurpreet Bhangra
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
This new £550k facility was funded by RBWM as part of our continued investment in our excellent leisure estate 👍
Also good to see Leisure Focus - RBWM’s non-for-profit leisure provider - investing in new cafe & indoor cycles 🚲 ☕️
We really value the good work Leisure Focus is doing to provide outreach support, investing in lesiure centre improvements & for all their work over the pandemic.
With it being such a special year for Queen Elizabeth II celebrating her Platinum Jubilee, are you planning a day out in Windsor over half term?
With two train stations in the town centre and plenty of parking options, it’s easily accessible.
Here’s some things my boys love to when exploring this historical town…
1. Visit the Queens home, Windsor Castle. The largest inhabited castle in the world! Marvel at the impressive dolls house, stroll through their state apartments and take part in their half term “Bring on the Battle” activities (Saturday, 19 Feb, Every Saturday, Sunday (Saturday, 19 Feb 2022 - Sunday, 27 Feb 2022)
Incl dates: Monday, 21 Feb 2022, Thursday, 24 Feb 2022, Friday, 25 Feb 2022 - included in price ticket)
Don’t forget to catch the soldiers changing guard. 11:00 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays. You can see this from inside the castle grounds too
Royal Collection Trust
2. Grab your scooters & wander down the flat path of the Long Walk, starting at the castle gate & reaching up to the Copper Horse statue at the end and admire the wonderful view. The walk is 2.65 miles
3. Pick up a Treasure Map Trails for Windsor or Eton & use it as a way to get the kids outdoors exploring these wonderful historic towns. Who knows what you might discover?
4. Need a quick sugar fix? Pop in to Love Brownies and enjoy one of their delicious brownies or ice creams 😍
5. The Jelly Lounge Windsor is the ideal place to escape the rain or to sip a coffee while the kids burn off some steam. Perfect for ages 3yrs - 8yrs. They also have a lovely separate baby area.
6. Create your own chocolate treat at Dr Chocs Windsor Chocolate Factory
7. Explore the sites of Windsor from the fun heights of Windsor Duck Tours
The truck that also ventures in to the water!
8. Head to the local Windsor Leisure Centre
to try out the new slide and swim against “The Waves”
9. Chill out with a coffee while the kids relax on the bean bags at Foggs located in Daniel Department Store
10. Do a playground park crawl and see how many of the play parks you can visit
I’ll be honest, I’m not a great one for taking my kids swimming but Joe and I went for a swim last week at Windsor Leisure Centre and had so much fun!
I prebooked the session online the night before & we had the pool pretty much to ourselves for the first half an hour (each swim session is an hour)
With two large slides perfect for toddlers and preschoolers to gain confidence in the water, a fun smaller castle slide, a water activity centre, a lazy river with splash zone and the best part…the waves!
They have their new larger water slide reopening later this month so prebook your slot now if you want to be one of the first to check that out!
🚘 Large pay & display car park
🚂 Walking distance from Windsor & Eton Central train station
💷 £7.35 for adult (small discount with advantage card or membership)
💷 £4.40 for junior swim (ages 3yrs-15yrs)
💷 Free for under 3’s
🔐 Padlocks needed for the lockers. You can provide your own or purchase for £4.
Windsor Leisure Centre is located on the river which is a lovely walk to feed the ducks and swans or for a walk/scoot around the nearby Alexandra Gardens.
📍 Windsor Leisure Centre, Clewer Mead, Stovell Rd, Windsor, SL4 5JB
*Some photos courtesy of *