A personal trainer in Los Angeles & certified nutrition coach Shawn Phillips' holistic training program focuses on fat loss, energy & hormone imbalances.
Online nutrition consultant & fitness phone consultations available, call for a free consultation Shawn Phillips' goal in life is to help others reach their highest level of potential by using the principals of holistic training and integrative health. He has more than 17 years of experience as a Holistic Personal Trainer in Los Angeles and Certified Nutritionist. The founder of Perfect Body, Inc.
Operating as usual
Coronavirus: Best Ways to Boost Your Immune System
As you know, our country is going through an enormous health, financial and emotional shock that we haven’t seen in our lifetimes. California government is recommending quarantine and social distancing. Essentially, social distancing is if you do go out of your home, standing about 6 feet away from someone when out and about. Looking at the outcome in China, this could last for 8 to 12 weeks, or maybe even longer. Los Angeles County is still recommending practicing health and some level of activity to keep the body strong and healthy.
This is a great time for self-care and to focus on health and fitness, fortifying the body as much as possible. This is not a time to eat junk food, gain weight and to be sedentary and depressed. This is an opportunity to focus on your own health and well-being.
What are some of the best ways to boost and optimize your immune system? Check out my article to learn more.
Sound Technology (2nd recommendation, youtube videos of nature)
In addition to the BrainTap, there’s free content on youtube that is soothing and relaxing. The Natural Healing Society puts out these videos of nature:
You can watch these in the morning and before bed. They have very beautiful scenery (waterfalls, rivers, etc.) and play at a frequency that is really relaxing. You can watch them on your TV - check them out on YouTube.
For more information, on healthy lifestyle recommendations go to: https://shawnphillipstraining.com/blog/
Good Monday Morning🙏😊 Start your Day/Morning with the Best Morning Music Ever Made - 528Hz Morning Meditation Music For Positive Energy, Enhance Self Love. B...
Many studies have shown a positive correlation between increased intake of water and weight loss. Water consumption helps with detoxification, appetite suppression, calorie burning, hydration and energy and more. How much water should you drink? Read on to learn more about drinking water to lose weight.
How to Make Fitness and a Healthy Diet Become My Lifestyle?
1. Make Your Snacks and Meals for the Week - Planning allows you to incorporate portion control by packaging snacks and meals in portion-controlled containers.
2. Gradually Make Healthy Adjustments to Your Diet - It can be overwhelming when we change what we eat, and the worst thing we can do is deprive ourselves entirely of what we normally enjoy. Radical changes such as eating only cabbage soup will lead to short-term weight loss but no long-term success.
3. Have Healthy Snacks Readily Available - When cravings hit, you won't have an excuse to go out for ice cream if you have a healthy alternative ready.
4. Bring Back the Joy of Cooking - Healthier eating means that you get to try out new recipes that are nutritious and fun to make.
5. Spread the Joy of Your Healthier Lifestyle - Making healthier food choices can also benefit your friends and family, who may also do the same. Seeing how fit you are becoming can have a positive effect on those around you.
6. Try Out New Exercises - Doing the same workout every single day can lead to boredom. Try mixing things up with something different, like a yoga class or a Zumba class. If you want to workout at home, borrow a friend's exercise DVD, or rent one from your local library.
7. Set Achievable Goals - Wanting to lose 20 pounds in two weeks is drastic and most likely not achievable, at least not in a healthy way that can be maintained in the long-run. Set small and more manageable goals with the ultimate end-goal at your finish line.
8. Keep Track of Your Progress - Keeping a journal of your progress will help keep you on track and motivate you with encouraging changes such as adding more weights to your set compared to the week prior. You can also see if your plank hold is sustainable for a more extended period.
9. Find a Personal Trainer Near You - Having a workout buddy is great, but you can't always rely on them to work out with you. A personal trainer is there for you and can give you added motivation as well as expert advice on what exercises to do and how to do them properly to prevent injury.
10. Listen to Your Body - Allow yourself a rest day because muscles need time to repair.
Feeling fit and fabulous can happen by making small changes slowly to incorporate a healthier lifestyle. There is no better time to start on your path to health and happiness than right this minute, so contact me now and reduce body fat and improve your lifestyle today!
Why do I feel like I can't lose weight?
There could be many reasons why you feel like you can't lose weight, and here are the top five reasons:
1. Not Eating Enough Protein - Protein is a vital nutrient when it comes to weight loss. Consuming protein can boost your metabolism as well as reducing cravings throughout the day.
2. Not Lifting Weights - There is a myth about lifting weights, especially for women, and that is that it will make you big and bulky, which is not accurate. Lifting weights is an effective way to lose fat.
3. Not Getting Enough Cardio - Cardiovascular exercise, also known as aerobic activity, is highly effective in burning fat, especially around the middle area of the body.
4. Not Sleeping Well - Lack of quality sleep is a risk factor for obesity in both children and adults.
5. Not Drinking Enough Water - Studies have proven that drinking 500 milliliters of water increased the metabolic rate by 24-30% over 1.5 hours. Drinking 1-2 liters, or 6-8 8-ounce glasses of water per day should be sufficient in helping with weight loss.
Other reasons for feeling like you can't lose weight could be due to medical issues such as hypothyroidism. Various medications may cause weight gain as a side effect, including medicines for:
• Reducing Blood Pressure
• Birth Control Pills
Let's face it, losing weight is difficult, but conquering weight loss obstacles to become fit and fabulous can be done. But sometimes we need a little help along the way. Contact me today, and let's conquer all your obstacles together!
shawnphillipstraining.com A certified personal trainer in Los Angeles, Shawn's holistic training program focuses on weight loss, energy & hormone imbalances. Loose approx 1-2 lb of fat per week now!
What is skinny fat?
Being skinny fat is also known as "normal-weight obesity." According to one 2008 study, "They look healthy, but when we check them out, they have high levels of body fat and inflammation," says Ishwarlal Jialal, MD, director of the Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research at UC Davis Health System. "They're at high risk for diabetes and cardiovascular problems, but you wouldn't know it from their appearance."
There are signs to look for if you think you might be skinny fat, including:
• Having a Muffin Top - Even if you are at a healthy weight and appear thin, if you have a muffin top, that is a sign of being skinny fat. Having fat around the middle area of the body, known as visceral fat, is a sign of insulin resistance and having inflammatory proteins present in the body.
• Lowered Ability to Exercise - When someone appears thin, they may lose the incentive to exercise, which may lead to a lack of exercise, and that person ends up becoming more and more unhealthy.
• Genetics - Having a family history of illness such as heart disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes can put you at a higher risk for this happening to you. Regardless of weight or size, a person can still have health problems.
Just because someone is thin does not mean they are in shape. If the body is composed of more fat and less muscle, it can still appear thin externally, but internally it can be dangerous. Eating healthy and getting a proper amount of exercise is the key to undoing skinny fat. A sure-fire way to combat skinny fat is by getting a personal trainer near you.
Conquer Weight Loss Obstacles
Losing weight is hard as it is, but adding in obstacles makes it that much harder. The good news is, there are ways to work around these obstacles.
Is Skipping Meals a Good Way to Lose Weight?
We have been told that skipping meals is wrong, especially for weight loss, but over time studies have proven otherwise. A term that has become quite common in the dieting world is intermittent fasting, which is not considered a diet, but rather a pattern of dieting that cycles between periods of fasting and eating.
There are different ways to incorporate intermittent fasting, which has shown to help with weight loss. The three most popular methods include:
1. The 16/8 Method - This process involves skipping breakfast, even though we have been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is the meal that breaks the fast so it can occur at any time. Your fasting period is for 16 hours, and your eating time frame is for 8 hours.
2. The Eat-Stop-Eat Method - This procedure is a little more intense and requires 24-hour fasting, which is done once or twice a week.
3. The 5:2 Method - For two consecutive days, you will consume 500-600 calories and then resume regular eating for the remaining five days of the week.
Intermittent fasting is a powerful weight loss tool, and has positive effects on your cells and hormones, including the following:
• Drastic Increase in Human Growth Hormone (HGH) - During intermittent fasting, HGH increases, which further aids in fat loss and muscle gain.
• Insulin Sensitivity Improves - Lowered insulin levels occur during intermittent fasting, which makes the stored body fat more accessible.
• Brain Health - Studies have shown that intermittent fasting may protect against Alzheimer's disease.
• Metabolism - Studies have shown that short-term fasting can increase your metabolic rate by 3.6-14%.
Choosing the food you eat wisely is also essential, so having a nutritionist nearby would be a great help deciding what to eat during the non-fasting phase.
How do Celebrities Maintain Their Fitness?
The lifestyle of the rich and famous appears to be quite busy, so how do they maintain their fitness? A few top celebrities have some great tricks up their sleeve when it comes to putting fitness first.
• Chris Hemsworth - Chris works cardio in between his weight lifting routine.
• Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson - The Rock starts every day with an early morning weight lifting session.
• Reese Witherspoon - Reese has a personal trainer who helps her track her workouts as well as her eating in a journal.
• Jessica Biel - Jessica uses resistance bands with her trainer.
• Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Kanye West - These celebrity singers do interval training, which is high-intensity short-duration workouts with their trainers.
• Jennifer Aniston, Adam Levine, and Sting - These celebrities do yoga to help with reducing stress, weight loss, and improving their sleep.
Celebrities and the Great Outdoors
Some celebrities enjoy their fitness outdoors, including:
• Ashley Greene - Ashley likes to hike and surf for her fitness fun.
• Mark Wahlberg - Golfing a round or two, is Mark's cup of "tee."
• Naomi Watts - Running is a sport that Naomi enjoys as part of her fitness routine.
Many celebrities follow the 80/20 diet where they consume healthy, nutrient-rich foods such as vegetables, complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and healthy fats 80% of the time. The other 20% goes to whatever they are craving. This diet allows celebrities like Jillian Michaels, Tom Brady, and his wife Gisele Bündchen to still enjoy their food by allowing for balance and moderation.
Most of these celebrities have personal trainers, some of which do in-home training, mostly due to their busy lifestyles. The bottom line is they take the time to care for their bodies, and so should you.
The key to losing weight after age 25 is being diligent and staying on track, which can be a struggle for many people, especially with a busy schedule. Making time to care for yourself should be your number one priority. Take a few extra minutes each day to prepare that healthy meal, lift a few weights, and get to bed a little earlier.
Don't let age get in the way of being fit and fabulous. So, if you find yourself asking, "How do I find a personal trainer near me?" The answer is to contact me today, and take that first step to a successful transformation to prove once and for all that age is just a number!
Is it Difficult to Lose Weight After Age 25?
The answer is yes, it is more difficult to lose weight after age 25 but not solely because of our diet.
Age is supposed to come with wisdom, not weight gain! At what age does it start to get harder to lose weight, and are there ways to combat the weight gain? How is it that celebrities manage to look so fit, even after age 25? Do they have personal trainers, and if so, how do I find a personal trainer near me? The answers might surprise you, but they will also inspire you.
There are many reasons for this frustrating occurrence, including:
• Lack of Sleep
• A More Sedentary Lifestyle
• Loss of Muscle
The biggest problem out of all of these is loss of muscle, which starts kicking in at age 30 and continues to progress, especially around age 40. The technical term for muscle loss is sarcopenia, and it happens to everyone.
According to Dr. Caroline Apovian, the Director of the Nutrition and Weight Management Center at the Boston Medical Center, professor at the Boston University School of Medicine, and the vice-president of The Obesity Society, "Unless something is done to protect and build up that lean muscle mass actively, our bodies will require fewer calories, our metabolisms will slow, and the lost muscle will be replaced by fat."
Not having enough muscle causes you to burn fewer calories, which then leads to weight gain, and this is true for both men and women. Having more muscle means burning more calories, as well as increasing your insulin sensitivity. Another benefit of having more muscle is that testosterone production is higher. The increased testosterone will help with age-related health conditions such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and a decreased s*x drive.
How to Lose Weight After Age 25
Fortunately, there are things you can do to alter this arduous path, but it will require discipline to succeed.
1. Lift Weights - Lifting weights should be done at least 2-3 times per week. If you aren't sure what exercises to do or how to do them, find a certified personal trainer. A personal trainer near me can create a unique workout plan to fit your needs as well as advising you on proper form to prevent any injuries.
2. Get Enough Sleep - The National Sleep Foundation recommends 7-9 hours per night. When you don't get enough sleep, it doesn't just make you cranky the next day; it also affects your hormones. The two main hormones are Leptin and Ghrelin, and both are involved in appetite regulation.
3. Eat Healthy - Including more plant-based foods into your diet can not only help in losing weight, but it also helps prevent age-related illnesses such as cardiovascular disease. This healthier eating plan focuses on plants such as vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, seeds, and nuts. The protein should be lean meat, chicken, and wild-caught salmon. If you are unsure of what foods to include, ask a certified nutritionist near you, where you will find out creative ways to incorporate healthier foods into your diet.
You can read more about fat loss tips, and get a free grocery list to help get you started!
shawnphillipstraining.com Hear what other people had to say about Shawn's Los Angeles Personal Training program: 'Since I started his holistic program (which includes not just training and nutrition, but also managing your sleep and mental health), my energy is through the roof, my immune system is much stronger, and Im losi...
Shawn is one of the most popular personal trainers and nutritionist in Los Angeles with a client list that includes various celebrities and athletes. He is the founder of Perfect Body, Inc., has been a fitness spokesperson for Time Warner, manages three health and fitness web sites, was featured four times on KCAL 9 news “9 on the town”, was featured on CBS radio 97.1 numerous times, has appeared on a variety of cable shows, and runs a successful personal training practice.
Don't let fatigue get the best of you, call now to learn more our holistic program: 310-720-8125. Our "Building Health Program" offers the following benefits :
1.0 Increase energy and motivation
2.0 Lose fat and gain muscle
3.0 Reverse the aging process
4.0 Improve skin and hair
5.0 Achieve restorative deep sleep
6.0 Boost immune function
7.0 Look and feel younger
8.0 Optimize hormones
Dedicating my life to health and fitness wasn’t a hard decision to make. After graduating from UCLA with a degree in economics and philosophy, I was bent on making a career as a successful financial advisor. I interned at Merrill Lynch for about four months, and consequently received an offer as an assistant institutional broker. A year and a half later, I decided to switch companies and begin my career as a financial advisor at Smith Barney. At the time, I thought I was on my way to financial independence and success. Unfortunately, in 2001 the market took a turn and my business began to evaporate. The stress on my body and mind was relentless.
Eventually, my body broke down and I began to suffer from physical fatigue and needed longer periods of rest to recover for the next day of work. I left Smith Barney on disability and decided to get help. I felt really depressed and had no energy to do anything but sleep. I was consistently sleeping around 14 hours a day and had no energy to hang out with friends or family – all I wanted to do was to be alone. These were darkest days of my life. This lasted for about a year.
Once I went on disability I decided to get help and initially I went to several traditional western medical doctors. Strangely enough my tests were normal. This process was extremely frustrating because I knew what I was feeling was not normal. I finally went to several integrative medical doctors who diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome and hypoadrenia which was caused by a combination of stress, allergies and severe adrenal fatigue.
|Tuesday||9am - 8pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 8pm|
|Thursday||9am - 8pm|
|Friday||9am - 8pm|
|Saturday||10am - 4pm|
Self-transformational adventures through rock climbing, yoga & breathwork as well as men’s circles and integrative trainings around the LA area and online.
Michael Reeves, founder of Drenched360 has over 20 yrs of experience. Training is Michael's passion and he has helped hundreds of clients of all ages.
Customized training programs for the results you've been seeking. We will provide you with one on one training and teach you the secrets to success.
PIT Fitness is a mobile personal training operation covering all of Southern California. We send trainers to you!
Virtual Online Sessions/Classes/Privates Tae Kwon Do, Cardio Boxing, Personal Training, Adults and Kids
Master Instructor with over ten years of teaching indoor cycling in New York, Los Angeles, Orange County, Scottsdale, and Phoenix. I've trained A-list celebrities and Gold Medal Olympians, I love to make everyone feel like a rockstar!
Individualized Personal Training sessions, Adult Mixed Martial Arts sessions, Kids Submission/Self-Defense sessions.
Personal Trainer in Los Angeles, CA
Personalized and creative physical training for all ages and all fitness levels.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu For Mixed Martial Arts with BJJ Blackbelt Lars Wallin.
CEO & Founder, Reyna Gomez, wants everyone to come enjoy a great & stress free workout! Instructors are ALWAYS motivating students to be better & feel better! ZUMBA & STEP AEROBICS classes are daily: Morning & Afternoon; Mon-Sat *** FREE PARKING!!! ***