Largest bowling tournament on the East Coast. Found in 1948, the Dutchman tourney has long been note the "Bologna" or "Bolony" tourney. Unique Team, Singles & Doubles tournament.
Bowled in two bowling centers. Team event at Clearview Lanes in Mt. Joy, PA. Singles/Doubles at Palmyra Bowling, Palmyra, PA. We are not just a tournament, its an event! Visit us and enjoy our visitor friendly area. There is lots to do and see in south central PA.
Operating as usual
Happy July 4th weekend! We are off this weekend and I am catching up. We have EXTENDED THE TOURNAMENT UNTIL AUGUST 29, 2021. We are still offering social distancing for bowlers throughout the end of the tournament. The mask mandate has expired and masks are no longer required.
If you would like to bowl this year, please check out our schedule at
Then send an email to [email protected] to request the dates, times and number of teams or pairs of doubles.
2021 Dutchman Schedule 2021 Dutchman Bolony Bowling Tournament Schedule
History of Seltzer's Lebanon Bologna. This is the brand that is given away at the Singles/Doubles events in Palmyra.
World may have changed, but Lebanon bologna has remained the same - LebTown Seltzer’s Smokehouse Meats, located at 230 North College Street in Palmyra, may be the only company currently making Lebanon bologna in Lebanon County. According to its website, Godshall’s Quality Meats, at 1415 Weavertown Road in Lebanon, still sells Weaver’s Lebanon bologna, but it is not kn...
Hello Dutchman Bowlers,
Welcome to 2021! While we thought things would be different than 2020 and Covid-19 under control, that has not happened. We are going to run the 2021 Dutchman Tournament, one way or another!
Most likely the 2021 dates will be pushed forward toward summer. I am working on contacting group leaders to see if they are interested in a reservation for this year, feel free to send me an email and tell me your groups interest.
I have not made the 2021 schedule as of yet. The uncertainty of state regulations have made the thought of scheduling a nightmare! The 2021 application has not been produced, as we are working on our tournament policies for 2021. We hope to have these details set, as best we can, in the next two weeks.
We appreciate all your support! Wishing you all the best in 2021.
The 2020 Mini Dutchman, Nov 2020, standings were posted and the checks mailed on Dec 30, 2020. I apologize for the delay. One woman show right now, add on the business closures and Holidays = crazy! LOL
dutchmantourney.com One of the largest bowling tournaments on the East coast.
I'm beyond appreciative for the bowlers that joined us over the last four weekends for the mini Dutchman Tournament. Through these difficult times we had 716 entries!! I am so blessed to have the bowling community from the region support us! Now to work on the prize list. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving🦃
Mini Dutchman standings are now posted. There is one squad from last weekend to be entered.
dutchmantourney.com One of the largest bowling tournaments on the East coast.
Hello Dutchman Bowlers & Group Leaders,
Last weekend was the opening weekend for the mini Dutchman Tournament, and I want to update you and/or your group on our Covid-19 policies. These policies will be updated, if needed, and can be changed. Due to most of our participants living in areas other than Lebanon Co. we are taking a cautious approach to bringing together our participants. While we understand this might not be for all, we are doing this to protect our staff and the participants.
We anticipate that entry to the bowling center will be given approximately ½ hour prior to your squad time. Bowlers will be allowed to enter the bowling center after the previous squad has vacated the building and the staff has sanitized the areas.
Check-in process – We will temperature check every person that enters the building. Entry will be allowed through the main front door. All participants will be registered, and temperature checked as they enter. If any person is found to be 100.4° F (38° C) or greater, we will allow them to wait, in a secure area or outside. We will check their temperature a second time. If they are still above the level, they will not be admitted. Rescheduling or refunds will be given to bowlers who cannot compete due to temperature.
Alcohol – Our current state regulations forbid us from serving alcohol without a meal. We have small meal options available for purchase with drinks. Per regulations, we are required to have a meal on the same receipt as a drink. Tabs can be established with a valid credit card. You can consume your meal with the alcohol at the bowling lane table.
Food – The Sinkhole Saloon will be open at 11am on Saturdays and Sundays. They are limited on the number of people in the establishment. Patrons are not allowed to sit at the bar and they must order a meal, to order alcoholic beverages.
Staff – We will have eight staff members available during the tournament. There will only be two monitors. They will be assigned up to 16 lanes. They are the go-to person for bowlers should an issue arise. Each pair of lanes will elect a bowler to write down their scores. Monitors will not be doing this.
Spectators – We are asking bowlers to not bring spectators with them. While we understand that a few bowlers may need a support person, exceptions will be made.
Cleaning – After the first three games, which is singles event, bowlers will cross lanes. Each table will be given cleaning wipes. We ask that a bowler wipe down the new table & chairs prior to sitting in the new area. After each squad, the bowling center staff will do a thorough cleaning of the areas that were used. We will sanitize the tables, chairs, ball returns, keypads, doors, bathrooms, etc. All the high touch areas.
Completion of events – We ask when you are done bowling, that you pack up and exit the bowling center. With limited use of the facility and our cleaning protocols, we need to keep on a tight time schedule to turn the area around for the next group/squad.
Mask – Masks must always be worn, in all areas. Masks may be pulled down, while on the approach bowling or sitting at your table eating/drinking.
We appreciate you choosing to bowl with us. We want our staff and participants to have a safe and sanitized area to work/compete.
As always, if you have any of the following symptoms, we ask that you reschedule:
• Sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
• Have you or anyone in your household been recently tested for COVID-19?
• To the best of your knowledge have you been near any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
We look forward to seeing you for the Mini Dutchman. If you have any questions email ([email protected]) is the best form of communication, as I wear many hats and am not in the office all the time. You can also leave a message on the office phone (717) 838-6345.
Great news! We are running a "MINI" Dutchman at Palmyra Bowling this fall. The tournament will be four weekends and will be comprised of singles, doubles, optional singles in doubles and bolony bank. Bolony bank is singles and doubles scores added together. The first three games bowled will be singles and games 4-6 will be doubles event. To enter, you must bowl both events.
The prize list will be calculated based on the same calculations for the regular Dutchman tournament.
Days: Saturdays 1pm or 5pm and Sundays 9am or 1pm
Dates: Sat, Oct 31 to Sun, Nov 22, 2020 - Click link for schedule and availability
Cost: $66 per bowler ($33 for each event) + optional singles $10 + bolony bank $10 = Total for all events is $86 per bowler. Cash or check
Have Questions? Email Amy or call the office at 717-838-6345
Dutchman Tourney Manager
dutchmantourney.com 2020 Mini Dutchman Tournament Schedule
The Dutchman Bolony Bowling Tourney is saddened to announce we have made the difficult decision to not continue the 72nd 2020 Dutchman Bolony Bowling Tournament. The tournament was able to bowl one weekend in March. We are working on the details of prize distribution. More information on final standings later.
After exhaustively researching information concerning our current situation, we have regretfully concluded that it simply is not feasible to host an event of the Dutchman Tournament’s scope and caliber during these difficult and unsafe times. Given the current challenges of travel, the constraints of social distancing, and the possibility that the bowling centers could be closed at the last minute by state officials weighed heavily into our decision. What was of upmost importance to us is the ability to provide a safe environment for our officials, center staff and competitors.
Factors that weighed into our decision:
• Bowlers hail from all over the mid-Atlantic region. The current trend of rising virus numbers and “hot-spot” areas defined through contact tracing. We do not want to jeopardize the reputation and/or livelihood of the tournament or either of the bowling centers should the virus be linked back to a participant or staff member. More so I’m sure neither center would want to close again, due to local government enforcement if an uptick in cases occurs.
• Face coverings, masks, are required by the Governor of PA to enter all businesses. While masks are required in common areas, you would not have to wear a mask to bowl. Ideally you would re-mask while waiting your turn to bowl. Not the kind of environment we strive to provide for our bowlers.
• Recent reports of an uptick in cases involving people who were within an enclosed area for a prolonged time. Squads are 3-4 hours indoors. This past weekend FL shut down all bars in the state. Pittsburgh announced that alcohol may not be served, except for take-out. These situations arose from many people in an enclosed environment and not practicing social distancing. We think we will be able to provide enough space to accomplish this but feel it will be challenging to have participants adhere to the policy.
• Scheduling statistics show the rapid decline
Date # Teams # Dbls Pairs
2019 Final #s 1212 3294
March 29 1196 3253
April 27 940 2532
May 23 639 1676
June 29 423 1037 Most of these are reservations, not actual entries
• Bowling centers were granted to open at 50% occupancy with 6’ social distancing when the county they reside in went to Green Phase. While it is possible to still operate the tournament, there are many variables that would need to be addressed:
2. Check-in process
3. Social distancing for participants
4. Use one lane or two – We only considered using pairs to bowl
5. Can spectators attend
6. Cleaning after squads
7. Squad segregation – waiting in vehicle, until prior squad leaves, to enter building. Cleaning the building. Organizing the participants to enter the building in a safe manner, 6 ft apart.
8. We pride ourselves on Pennsylvania Dutch hospitality. Unfortunately, this would not be the case this year. We hope to continue our “friendliest tournament around” status for many years to come!
Refund and 2021 Reservation Information
• Request A Refund – I ask group leaders to send me an email requesting a refund. I will be working on refunds throughout the next week. For groups of 20+ bowlers, we can send the individual bowlers a check or one check to the group leader. Please include your preference in the email. If you know of any address changes, please send them as well. Email [email protected]
• Carry Funds Over to 2021 - Groups can carry their paid entry fees over to 2021. I will begin to schedule for 2021 when I have all refunds returned and the finalization of the 2020 tournament complete.
• 2021 Advance Reservations - will be accepted immediately. Email your request to [email protected]. Squad confirmations for 2021 will be posted at www.DutchmanTourney.com
I respect everyone has an opinion. I have kept the faith for months. I hoped and prayed that the tournament could safely start by July. The data above outweighs the pros of hosting the tournament. I am saddened that I will not get to see all the bowlers this year! I feel grateful for our group leaders who worked hard to organize groups only to have the tournament cancelled. These leaders are one of the biggest reasons our tournament is thriving. Their time spent this year is most appreciated and they have a special place in my heart.
I appreciate your support and friendship over the years. We will see you in 2021! Stay safe.
Dutchman Tourney Manager
717-838-6345 – office
Hello Dutchman Bowlers!
I hope you are all well and enjoying the start of summer. Myself and the entire staff miss seeing each and everyone of you. Just a quick update of the questions that have been on some folks minds.
1) Bowling is allowed to open in the Green phase in PA. We can't open the centers until we are cleared. Lebanon Co was not granted to go green on June 12th, as we had anticipated. We will know this Friday if Lebanon and Lancaster Co (Clearview) can go green on June 19th. Keep your fingers crossed. The tournament is still scheduled to resume on July 10th.
2) Once we are into the green phase, we can only have 50% occupancy in the centers and must maintain 6' social distancing between groups. We are allowed groups up to 25 people. I will be working with Clearview and my staff at Palmyra to develop a plan for bowling, most likely every other pair at Clearview. We are still working to figure out the logistics at Palmyra.
3) Most likely, due to occupancy rules, spectators will not be permitted in the buildings while the tournament is bowling. So please plan ahead for that. If we are given more variance with the numbers of people allowed, we will ease that rule as we can.
4) MASKS will NOT need to be worn WHILE BOWLING. Masks will need to be worn when in common areas, checking in and entering exiting the building. This is for the safety of our staff. We have limited trained staff and we need to protect them so we can stay open.
I am in the final phase of our kitchen move and restaurant remodel. We are hoping to open our outside Deck at Palmyra this Friday. I haven't had a lot of time for email. I am also behind with the online schedule. I will get back to the emails, but it might not be until next week. I do have a few checks to run and I will try to get them printed this week. Again, I thank you for your patience.
Unfortunately, I have to extend our "on hold" status to July 9th. With the metrics set by our Governor, it is unlikely that we will be in the Green phase before the middle to end of June. Bowling centers in PA can't open until the Green Phase. Lebanon County will be going to the yellow phase Fri, May 29th. Lancaster County, is scheduled to go to the state mandated yellow phase on June 6th. Each of those areas can't attain the green phase before 14 days after switching colors.
Common questions I have received via email:
Will we have to wear masks? As long as the Government says you don't have too, we won't enforce it. Although our staff may be wearing them.
Do you think we are going to be bowling this year? I do! I believe organized bowling; i.e. leagues and tournaments, will come back first. Mostly because these bowlers LOVE the sport and have their own equipment.
Can we get a refund, roll our fees over to 2021 or reschedule? Absolutely! We are flexible. Group leaders need to correspond with me via email and the requests will be processed as soon as possible. Email - [email protected]
Have the bowling centers cleaned their facilities and what are they doing to keep us safe? Both centers have or will be going through an extensive cleaning. There will be constant cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment and common areas. There may be limits to the buildings, i.e. competitors only, no spectators. You may have to wait outside the bowling center until the prior squad is out of the building and the building is cleaned. WHILE THESE ARE ALL THEORIES, UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO OPEN AND HAVE THE GUIDANCE AT THAT TIME, WE DO NOT HAVE EXACT REOPENING PLANS.
We have added weekends in August and September. Check out our online schedule here. https://www.dutchmantourney.com/index.php/schedule-squad-dates/2019-dutchman-schedule-2
Email me with any questions, [email protected] Please know that I am a week or two behind on tournament emails, as I am in the middle of a restaurant construction project and other projects.
I wish you all Happy Memorial day Weekend . Be safe and stay healthy!
dutchmantourney.com 2020 Dutchman Bolony Bowling Tournament Schedule