12155 43rd Street NW Suite E St. Michael, MN 55376
Mission: Help students develop self-esteem and confidence by developing body awareness, strength, flexibility, self-motivation, positive attitude and active participation.
We are delighted to receive news Jon Anstett Gymnastics will be able to re-open, with new procedures and limited capacity, beginning June 1, 2020! Upon being allowed to reopen we have chosen a structured plan with a very conservative approach, and will continue to follow all public health recommendations. We ask for your cooperation, both in and outside the gym, to ensure the safety of our athletes and their families, including adhering to our new, phase one JAG Safety Plan.
Please know if any family feels uncomfortable returning, it is totally understandable, and we will be prepared to welcome you back safely when you feel ready.
Due to newly limited class sizes, we will be asking athletes to re-register for classes. Registration is now live and can be completed on our website at:
We would like to express our deepest thanks and appreciation for your patience and continued support! We are excited to welcome our athletes back next week!
For more information, please use the link below to see how Organized Youth Sports fit in with the MN Stay Safe Plan: https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/stay-safe-mn/stay-safe-plan.jsp or the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
The following lays out our new policies in place upon reopening, and are subject to change as we get more direction from MDH and CDC:
JON ANSTETT GYMNASTICS PHASE 1 PLAN BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2020:
ENTERING THE GYM & DROP-OFF:
• Please check student temperature prior to departing for our facility.
• Please stay home if your student or household members have Covid-19 symptoms or have been exposed to such symptoms.
• Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early to avoid crowding.
• Athletes are strongly encouraged to wear face masks when entering and exiting the gym as an added precaution.
• Please keep your child inside your vehicle until a coach is present to escort them inside.
• Curbside Drop-off/pick-up is required- We will have a coach at the door for assistance when needed.
• No parent/sibling observers allowed into the building at this time. You may watch your gymnast from the windows outside while practicing social distancing.
• Everyone will use the designated entrance (main entrance) for arrival, and a coach will assist each student into the gym. Please do not crowd by the doors- athletes will enter one at a time, keeping a 6 foot minimum distance between them.
• No cubbies will be used at this time- Please pack a bag for your child including the items noted below. Your child will be directed to place their bag in a designated location, 6 feet from others.
• Instructors will prompt Athletes to sanitize or wash hands before entering the gym for training.
• Please use restroom at home prior to and after class whenever possible.
• If you child is showing any signs of being sick, please keep them home.
EXITING THE GYM & PICK-UP
• Classes will dismiss 5 minutes early to ensure staggering of students and limit contact.
• One at a time they will gather their bag and be individually assisted to the exit door.
• Athletes are strongly encouraged to wear face masks when exiting the gym.
• Athletes will exit one at a time using the door TO THE LEFT of the main entrance.
• Employees will begin disinfecting all surfaces used by athletes, coaches, and staff in preparation for the next group.
What to Bring:
• Students are asked to bring personal items with them in a small backpack or drawstring bag, including grips, wrist guards, tape, etc.
• Students will not have the use of cubbies/lockers at this time.
• Please have each gymnast bring the following items to each class:
- Water Bottle (drinking fountain will be closed to comply with CDC Recommendations)
- Small Tupperware container (we will be providing each student with their own personal chalk supply)
- Hand sanitizer (we ask each student bring their own sanitizer, but will have some available for student use as well).
- Mask to wear upon entering/exiting the building recommended
NEW STAFF/COACHING GUIDELINES:
• Touchless temperature monitoring of all staff entering the building.
• Anyone appearing ill or with a temperature above 99.5 will not be allowed into the gym.
• All Staff will wash hands and hand sanitize upon entering the building and between all classes.
• Masks will be required for all staff members and coaches.
• Staff will follow all PPE requirements set by MDH (above and beyond MDH recommendations)
• JAG will follow MDH recommendations regarding all employee travel, including isolation following travel, as recommended by the MDH.
• Intensified cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation of facilities.
NEW TRAINING GUIDELINES:
• Staff will monitor and ensure that students are following distancing and handwashing requirements
• Coaches will monitor and supervise athletes to ensure proper and thorough sanitizing/washing of hands.
• Lessons will be modified to exclude partner activities and maintain physical distancing between training areas/stations.
• No physical spotting will take place at this time. (Gymnastics will be limited to activities and skills that can be done safely without a need for spotting)
• Gymnasts will train using physical distancing recommendations of at least six feet.
• Class sizes will be limited to groups of ten, including coaching staff.
• Athletes will not be permitted to gather in the lobby or seating areas
• JAG Staff may perform touchless temperature checks of any participant and send home anyone appearing ill.
• Athletes will be assigned the same practice slot with the same athletes and coach each day to limit the circle of contact each week.
• Due to class size restrictions, we will not be able to offer make-up classes, or allow attendance at any class other than that in which they are registered. JAG loved offering flexibility with these items in the past, and anticipates offering them again in the future, as restrictions ease.
• There will be no open gym offered at this time.
[04/28/20] At this time, we are continuing to follow Governor Waltz’s Shelter in Place Order and the CDC’s social distancing recommendations. We are watching the news daily and waiting for the green light from the Governor to reopen as soon as we are able. JAG staff is taking this time to implement some new temporary guidelines and changes for added safety measures once we are able to resume classes. Thank you for your patience and continued support while we navigate these changes! We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Based on the new information we received, and the announcements of Governor Waltz, our gym closure will be extended through Monday, April 13th.
As always, the health and safety of our athletes is a top priority! We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you with further changes as soon as possible.
All of us at Jon Anstett Gymnastics thank you for your understanding and support!
Jon Anstett Gymnastics is being thorough and thoughtful regarding the COVID-19 Virus and how it may affect our gym. While we have implemented additional cleaning and sanitizing measures above and beyond our normal routines, in light of Governor Waltz’s school closure announcement this morning, our gym will be closed Monday, March 16th through Sunday, March 22nd for all recreational classes, team workouts, open gyms, and Birthday parties.
As always, the health and safety of our athletes is always a top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you with further changes as soon as possible.
All of us at Jon Anstett Gymnastics thank you for your understanding and support!
Jon Anstett Gymnastics would like to remind everyone to set your clocks back one hour on Saturday night. Enjoy the extra sleep!
Saturday Practice Time Change:
Pre Team 8:30-10:15
Great practice tonight. These gymnasts are working really hard.
With August here already, it’s hard not to feel like Summer flew by way too fast. We Minnesotans know what happens in the coming months. I know, let’s not talk about it, right? Well here is a video of a little lake time with Coach Jon. These girls had a blast and Jon got to show off a little fancy foot work on the water. Thanks Coach Jon!
It’s been a great summer here at the gym. These girls have been working hard adding new skills and honing skills they already have. After a long night of practice, Jon likes to let these kiddos have a little fun.
Last Saturday practice is 6/15!
Evening practice times remain the same.
The only 2 pictures I remembered to take at the Team Party! I hope the girls had fun, they certainly made my job easy...what a great group of girls!
Just a reminder the gym will be closed April 19-20. Happy Easter!!
Tomorrow is the last day to order!
Jon Anstett Gymnastics sweatshirts and t-shirts clothing order! https://anstettgymnasticsapparel.itemorder.com/sale
Order by March 15th! Clothing can then be picked up at the gym about 2 weeks after.
anstettgymnasticsapparel.itemorder.com Online ordering for Anstett Gymnastics Apparel 2019 ends on Sunday March 17th, 2019 (11:59pm CDT)
Congratulations purple team! MAGA Division 5 Team Champions! With a season high score of 128.625! There were lots of individual placings and personal bests too!! Way to go girls...so fun to watch!!
Division 5 MAGA State warm ups have begun. Good luck to all gymnasts 🤸♂️
Excited for Purple team MAGA State meet today.
Just a friendly reminder to Spring ahead tonight. With all the snow we have, it may not feel much like Spring. Warmer weather is just around the corner.
Congratulations Green Team! They placed 6th yesterday at state and had many individual placements as well! Thanks for a wonderful season, you girls are fun to watch!
Green Team’s state is today in New Prague at 5:35.
New Prague Gymnastics Club
200 12th Street NE
New Prague, MN 56071
Purple Team is next Saturday, March 9th in St. Michael at 5:35.
St. Michael Middle School East
4862 Naber Ave, SE
St. Michael, MN 55376
Congratulations to JAG Purple & Green
Both qualified for MAGA State. Come on out and cheer them on.
JAG Purple team will compete in St Michael on March 9th
JAG Green team will compete in New Prague on March 2nd
Nice job ladies. You worked very hard this year 🤸♀️
More details to follow
We have 3 former Jon’s gymnasts/coaches that have qualified for the MSHSL Individual Competition! Congratulations to Abby, Nadia and Kennedy! Kennedy will compete all around on Saturday at noon in class A. Nadia will compete all around and Abby will compete vault and bars at 6pm in class AA. Nadia will also compete with her team (Maple Grove High School) in class AA on Friday at 6pm. These will all be at the Maturi Sports Pavilion at the U of M. Congratulations and best of luck at state!!
[01/30/19] The gym will be closed Wednesday, January 30 due to the extreme cold! Please schedule a makeup class at your convenience. There is no expiration dates on make up classes! Stay warm and spread the word!
Good morning from St Cloud. The girls are warming up on this frigid Sunday. Wish them luck 🤸♂️
Hello JAG fans!
Our next and last meet of the regular season is Sunday, January 27th in St. Cloud!
Here are the meet details:
March In-11:50am, followed by competition
St. Cloud Cathedral High School
312 7th Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Gymnasts enter through door #11, and fans enter through door #8 (it is a bit of a walk from the parking lot, so be prepared!).
Handicapped entrance is door #6.
$6 adults, $3 students, 5 and under is free.
Please come and cheer for our hard working gymnasts 🤸♂️
JAG Purple and Green competing in Watertown today. Good luck girls.
[01/02/19] Tomorrow is the last day to order Team/Preteam pictures! If you need the link comment below!!
[12/27/18] The gym will be open this Saturday (12/29) for regular preteam and team practices!
Welcome to the Emerald Jewel. Fox Hollow features 18 holes of championship golf, highlighted by the spectacular island green at the par-3 third hole. Great greens, great service and a great golfing experience are waiting for you at Fox Hollow.
Working on having a national caliber track that is fun for all levels of riders